Old October 23rd 05, 02:16 PM
larry moe 'n curly

Default Dodge Caravan 2002 Transmission Problem

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, larry moe 'n curly wrote:
>
> > Consumer Reports says the problem rate for transmissions is:
> >
> > _______Chrysler minivans_________average vehicle_______
> >
> > 2004:_____very low__________________very low
> > 2003:_____low_______________________very low
> > 2002:_____average___________________low
> > 2001:_____low_______________________low
> > 2000:_____very high_________________low
> > 1999:_____very high_________________low
> > 1998:_____high______________________low
> > 1997:_____high______________________average

> This asinine chart, together with basic knowledge of what transmissions
> were used in Chrysler minivans in which model years, does a splendid job
> of telling us all we need to know about the veracity of Condemner Retards'
> "research".

Then where are we supposed to get our information, from friends and
mechanics who still believe that Chevys and Fords are great and "Jap
stuff" is junk? Those of us who aren't experts or industry insiders
have very few other sources of reliability information, but it seems
that CR's overall reliability scores coincide well with Popular
Mechanics' and the records that one large fleet leasing company keeps.

CR reliability surveys do seem to get it right for digital cameras,
TVs, and central air conditioners (A/C experts seem to agree except for
York, which they hold in higher regard), so why should they be so wrong
about cars?