Old April 19th 04, 04:45 PM
Paul Rooney

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:07:29 +0000 (UTC), "James BIGFOOT Holloway"
> wrote:

>in what way do u mean"wheel spinning" they do not have locking diffs but
>some models have what is called a LSD in the rear.
>The 4wd system on them is VERY GOOD. BUT it can only be used on slippy stuff
>snow/mud etc. THis is due to the fact they do not havea a centre diff (PART
>TIME 4x4)
>I run a suzuki vitara if u go here http://www.k9rdj.co.uk/ then to other
>vitaras then to james holloway
>hope this helps
>
>james

Thanks, James.
I'm new to this - as you can tell! I was thinking of being parked with
the nearside wheels on a slippy muddy grass verge and the offside
wheels on the tarmac. With the 4WD is engaged, would the nearside
wheels spin or not?

Those are some cracking pictures you've got there - looks like it's
capable of some serious stuff!

Further question - they allow you to switch to 4WD at any speed up to
62mph, apparently. What's that for then if you can only use it in the
mud/snow?

--

Paul

My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com