Old January 23rd 12, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Take a Vehicular Vacation

Thus spake "dwight" > :

" > wrote in message
>> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>>
>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>>
>> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>>
>> Patrick

>I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>
>Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room was, I
>still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be unusable; the
>shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the room was clean and
>sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy house, with pillows that
>had my own head indent in them, and a shower head that didn't hurt.

I agree. And good medium priced hotels suffer the same problems.
Although mainly because they're owned by the pricey ones. There's a
car based analogy there, but I don't have the time.

>I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida highway
>is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not interested
>in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers the uniquely-mine
>familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is afraid that a Ferrari
>would completely destroy my relationship with my own car.

If I'm going to drive a Ferrari or Lambo, I want to stretch it out.

I once owned a 308GT4. I miss that car, but not the "fun" of synching
the carbs, since I had no ambition of paying the Ferrari dealer what
they wanted to do any work on it. But I did manage to sell it for
about 25% over what I paid for it. 18 months earlier.

>Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive CFrog
>once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come home to"
>TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never forgive me.

Daily driver is a '08 Fit. Fun car to drive and practical, too.
Particularly if I start raising Lamas :-)

--

- dillon I am not invalid

So Kim Jung Ill shows up at the barbecue. "Wait,"
says Qadaffi, "you don't have any peircings." "If you
starve your people enough they'll be too weak to rebbel."
"You have the same number of holes in your head as when
you were born," says bin Laden. "My compound had radar
and antiacraft misslles." "Your neck," shouted Hussein,
"it's the same length." "I didn't **** on W's father."
"Then what happened?" the three asked. "Damned counterfiet
Lipitor and insulin!"