Old September 25th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Default 04 Wrangler Unlimited Auto trans Shifting Issues

Have you recently upgraded to larger tires or added weighty mods to it - any
such thing?
How many miles onit? Have you had the tranny flushed and the filter changed?

Been through any deep water lately?

Mine did that to some degree, shifted like a pig until I put 5:13 gears in
it.
It's like night and day, and I can even pass without waiting for a downhill
slope.
I gained 20% on my MPG too!

--
Kate
| _oooo_
|/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

06 Rubi, With one or two minor mods.
I used to have money for the house payment, food, electricity and the other
basic necessities of life...
Now I have a Jeep.

"Dustin Macdonald" > wrote in message
having a problem with my 04 wranger unlimited auto trans.

When going up steeper hills on the freeway at 65mph (OD on) my engine
starts to bog and shudder a little and hte transmission doesn't
downshift under standard gas pedal pressure. But, if I step on it it
downshifts 2 gears and spikes the rpms. I usually have to manually
avoid this right now by clicking off the overdrive when I see a steeper
hill ahead. The tranny should do this automatically when it dips into
the lower rpms.

Any thoughts? Does anyone know if there was a shift point update for
this tranny?

Thanks - Dustin

Macdonald Design, Inc.
ph: 831-462-2383
Web: www.macdonalddesign.com

GRAPHIC DESIGN * WEB DESIGN * MARKETING

"Creative Solutions for Today's Evolving Marketplace"