Old December 19th 04, 08:19 AM
Hatman

I have a 530i with sports suspension, sports seats etc and most of the
goodies. Bought it second hand 10 months old with 700 miles on the clock.

I cannot believe how the brand new price of both BMW and AUDI gets ramped up
by the addition of options which the trade seem to consider as 'minimum
standard requirements'. My 530i would have been £42,000 list with all the
options and at that price I would not have bought it (I paid £27,995, which
just goes to show how much these things depreciate, particularly the
options).

In Prague recently I got to drive the top of the range Skoda Superb, with
leather, sat nav, gloss wood, 19 inch alloys.

Given that I can buy this car in the UK for HALF the price of my BMW, I'd
have to think very seriously before buying either of the cars listed in this
thread.

I love my BMW (and I'd love a 6 series), but the pricing is for name and
prestige, not value.