Old September 27th 11, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

Default Performance SUVs. What's The point?

On 9/27/2011 11:57 AM, john stachlewicz wrote:
<snip>

> I picked up a 2011 Flex Limited with the EcoBoost to replace my wife's
> GMC Acadia... Wife needed more than just a sedan... All I can say is
> the Flex is an absolute hoot to drive!! Heck with just a tune (and
> not the most aggressive tune out there) the darn thing does 0-60 MPH
> in 5.0 and does the 1/4 mile in 13.7! You should see the people
> reactions at the track when the Big BRICK goes down the track! All
> 5000 pounds! LOL! And 3 rows of seats to boot! LOL!

John,
Did your wife give you permission to run her car on the drag strip?
:-)
We have a 2010 Flex SE with the standard Duratec V6 that gets up to
speed quite well, and it's easy to get those front tires to chirp
from a standing start. Love that car!

Dick