Old September 14th 11, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default Performance SUVs. What's The point?

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/...t_pr.html#more

> But I don't understand why. Why a jacked up, what is essentially a
> high-performance car? (The hulk-like body in combination with the
> thin sidewall tires makes them look like a football player wearing
> stilettos.) They have street/track tires and wheels (not to mention
> the high sticker price) so you're not going to be hitting the Rubicon
> trail. And I don't see their owners swapping the factory tires/wheels
> with "mudders." So then, why not just buy a good high-performance
> sedan? It's not like SUVs are any more spacious than a sedan. Or are
> these performance SUVs a way of saying we need more SRT Magnums/CTS-V
> wagons?
>
> Patrick

Well I'll put it this way, I like the inside of my Titan, but like
the drive and feel (power) of my Mustang. Yeah I know the Fox Mustang is
far from powerful anymore, but it conveys my point. I also liked
tweaking with the Mustang. Enter the FX50. I don't care how many times
they plat the ad, it is not practical to stuff to school kid in the back
of a 911.