Old January 7th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
miner_tom

Default Is my Subaru's starter giving me trouble or is it something else?

Hi,

This is my first post to this ng and perhaps there are better places to get
advice on fixing my car.

I think that this question could be applied to any make or model but in
particular I have a 92 Subaru legacy. I have noticed that sometimes the
starter just does not want to turn over. Almost as if, say, the battery were
dead. I replaced the battery, which was old anyway and that had no effect. I
will try to start it, hear the click of the solenoid wanting to engage, and
then nothing. After a couple of trys, it eventually "turns over" and the car
starts.

So, if it is not the battery then it could be the starter or some switch or
relay feeding power to the starter.

What does anyone out there think? I would also appreciate recommendations
for a website on which to post questions like this if this is not the proper
place.

Thank You
Tom