Old December 23rd 05, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default rims and tires

On 2005-12-23, pws > wrote:

> None of these are bent, and none have rim leaks. I drove the '96M with 3
> different sets of wheels on it for over 5 years and never had a rim leak
> or wheel bend. That is now over 6 years and over 85,000 miles without a
> rim leak or a wheel bend using four different sets of alloys, just
> counting miatas.

You're lucky. I drove a 96M for 6 years and had to have 2 of
the four wheels repaired. The first time, I remember the bump
that bent the wheel, and it had to be fixed immediately (the
tire would no longer seal). The second time I don't know when
it got bent -- I just noticed that the steering wheel was
vibrating, and the next time I had tires mounted they mechanic
showed me that the wheel was noticably out of round.

> In 21 years I remember two rim leaks and I have never bent a
> wheel, though I have scraped a curb or three. I also never had
> a bent wheel on any car that I have bought. Again, sounds like
> I have either had really good luck or vice-versa with you.

You must have much better roads that we have here in Minnesota.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Everybody gets free
at BORSCHT!