Old December 21st 05, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default rims and tires

you better run! talkin' trash 'bout my 92SE wheels too there texas boy ;-)

Hey, the 99 I just bought has these great looking 17"wheels, they're by TSW
and I was hoping that they would be light or semi light, I was wrong. In
comparison, I've weighed a wheel and tire combo on the 14"BBS forged wheels
(that Pat is talking trash about) at about 25lbs, a 14" steel wheel and tire
combo at about 35lbs and.........drum roll please..........one of my new 17"
TSW wheels with tire at 40 stinkin' pounds! I'm hoping to get a chance to
transfer the set and be able to drive the 99 with the BBS to see the actual
handling difference. That should be interesting!

Weights above are not precise or directly comparable as all three tires are
different sizes and brands.

Chris
92BB&T SE FS
99BBB