Old March 2nd 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

Default Nitrogen in tires

"Kruse" > wrote in message
> On Mar 1, 8:16 am, "Esteban" > wrote:
>> I know about and why they use nitrogen in aircraft tires...but, why
>> would anyone pay extra to
>> have nitrogen in auto tires.

> So the owner of the shop can pay for another round of golf.
>
> Of course they don't tell you that the air you breath is 80% nitrogen,
> do they?
> My mom took her 500 in for a $12.95 oil change at the dealer. When she
> left, her bill was a lot more than that.
> Yea, she agreed to it, but it's really sad they they prey on the
> elderly and uninformed.
>
> Do a google search for "nitrogen in tires" and decide for yourself if
> it is worth it or not.

Thanks for all the interesting comments on the nitrogen issue, I appreciate
each and every one of 'em.
With all your advice, I have decided to stay with 78% nitrogen....as it came
from the factory. <G>
This is a great group, I am fortunate to have found this group.
Steve