Old May 23rd 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Comments on '97 through '02 SL1 & SL2?

Started taking the old SL apart. Passenger headlamp assembly cracked at the
top alignment screw. Radiator is leaking at the seams. Front bumper and
cover is still in pretty good shape. Hood definitely needs replacing. Still
locks closed on the latch, but started to crumple in the center on one side.
yes, if we are lucky we will find the parts locally. No structural damage
although there is a minor indent in the welded front support near the hood
latch. Total deformation is about 1/4". Not worth replacing. No steering,
engine, or wheel issues. Wish us luck.

The auto transmission cooling lines going into the radiator are a Pain in
the rear to get off. I am soaking tonight in penetrating oil hoping that
will help when I try again tomorrow. I am using a 1/2" flare wrench, but am
afraid to pull too hard since I do not want to round off the compression nut
on the feed tubes.

Bob