Old May 21st 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Comments on '97 through '02 SL1 & SL2?

My 98 has been very good to me. The only major problem I've had so far is
that the teansmission developed a leak and I replaced it rather than having
someone try to fix it (they etimated anywhere from $800 to 2000 for rebuild,
I got a used one out of a 2002 for $675)
Mine is manual and I saw someone on here say that the gears "float" and can
sometimes wear a hole in the casing. That seems to fit with what happened to
mine.
If you have the space and like to fix em yourself I would agree with Private
and say buy another in the same range and keep that one for parts. I think
the body style was the same from 95 to 99 (the range the junkyards refer to
when getting parts) and possibly up to 2002.
. com...