Old April 27th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

Default If I was Leno.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...-offers-a-seve

>>> The modern 5.0 would have the same problem in those cars as it would in
>>> an older mustang. Shock towers will be in the way. So why hack up a nice
>>> original example?

>> Those old land barges didn't have a ton of engine room, width & length?
>>

> Yeah, I was wonderign that as well. You could stuff a new 5.0 in there and
> put luggage on either side. Remeber that people could sit 3 and 4 across in
> those things.

Except where the wheels are. Here's a '78 Lincoln:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0005_large.jpg
Mo http://www.4myride.com/ride/1978-Lin...al-n7aib000C9J

Good shot of the clearance he
http://www.mcsmk8.com/78-DJ/78-MARKV.HTM

view the engine pic at full size and you can see how close the exhaust
manifold and suspension mounting are to each other.