Old August 3rd 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
tm

Default 94 SL2 inst cluster issues

Thanks in advance for reading this over. My 94 SL2 5spd has been
mechanically and electrically problem-free since I've owned it, except
the old-school electro-mechanical odometer recently started clicking
and grinding. So I fixed that, didn't have time yet to put all the
dash trim back together, but all gauges working fine as they did
before, and no annoying whirring from the ODO. Perfect for several
short trips over the last week... until today my ODO, speedometer,
tach and all the warning lights stopped working. I tried fiddling
with the wiring connector but the gauges remain completely dead. The
fuel and temp gauges, and the high beam/turn signal indicators work
fine. Is there a separate fuse for some of the gauges? Any ideas
are appreciated, my schedule makes it tough to troubleshoot from
square one, and I can't afford a speeding ticket! Can I swap the
whole cluster, and do all 91-94 gauges interchange? I know some DOHC
had an oil pressure for a couple years. I have access to a first-gen
auto SL1 parts car, unfortunately nothing exactly alike. Anyone have
a resource for the wiring diagrams on different years? I don't have a
factory service book for this year yet.

-Timothy