Old August 13th 04, 10:14 PM
ELY

In order to get my key out of the ignition, I have to pry off a small piece
of plastic from the steering column, reach up into the steering column with
a finger, and press a small button to the left while simultaneously turning
the key in the ignition. Then the key can be removed from the ignition.
This is precisely how the owner's manual instructs you to deactivate the
safety device that prevents you from removing the key from the ignition
when the vehicle is not in park. Apparantly the safety device also
prevents the key from being removed when the car is in park. Go figure.