Old October 28th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Greedy *******s.....

In article >, ZombyWoof wrote:

> That is the textbook definition of supply & demand.

The textbook doesn't have supply being manipulated.

> Again supply & demand. There is only one source of supply for the
> dealers, Ford and one source of supply for the end-consumers, the
> dealers. Ford has for a multitude of reasons decided to keep the
> supply of that particular car constrained in order to keep demand at a
> point where the price won't get eroded. It is a specialty vehicle
> after all. No one requires it, only wants it.

So you're fine with market manipulations. You must enjoy $3.20/gallon
gasoline then. After all, there are just so many companies with gasoline
and they decide how to sell it, how to distribute it, how much to make,
wether to maintain their pipelines or not. We don't need gasoline either,
we can use other forms of transporation that aren't as enjoyable just we
could use a beat up '92 Tempo instead of a '07 GT500.

Ford can keep playing these games they are free to do so, but as we see
here, it's turning off it's most loyal customer base. Part of the reason
they are ****ter no doubt.

Don't try to justify this pricing with free market reasoning when it is
anything but a free market situation.

>>This isn't free market setting the price, it's market manipulation and
>>artificial scarcity in action. The market is being controlled to create
>>conditions that increase prices rather than the ideal free market setting
>>of the price.

> The market always has a choice to reject any non life essential
> product that is placed into it. What makes a market free is its
> ability to demand or reject products placed into it. No one is forced
> to buy GT500's at any price.

And as we see, people are rejecting it and rejecting Ford (at least for
the short term) as a result. But don't give me and any of the others who
find this practice objectionable a line of crap that it's the free market
and we have to love it. It's not free market, it's marketing.