Old December 16th 05, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Remote start for standard transmission?

On 2005-12-15, Chas Hurst > wrote:

>> You'll be trying to turn the tranny (in neutral) over along with the
>> engine - ain't gonna make it some mornings.

> The extra drag of a cold trans isn't that great at starting
> speeds.

I have doubts the engine will be able start with that much load
on it. There have been more than a few times when I've had to
give it some throttle so the engine had enough torque to turn
the transmission in neutral. Assuming the battery and starter
can provide enough torque, maybe the ECU is smart enough to
compensate for a heavy load while starting.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! PEGGY FLEMING is
at stealing BASKET BALLS to