Old December 15th 05, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Remote start for standard transmission?

Now that I'm heading into my first Minnesota winter in a long
time without heated parking, I've been getting a bit jealous of
people with remote starters. I know I should just tough it
out, but that aluminum shift knob gets pretty cold and I hate
wearing gloves while driving.

All of the remote start systems I've seen claimed to be for
auto transmissions only, but I would think that with a bit of
creative wiring, one could get one to work with a standard
transmission.

If one wanted remote-start for a standard transmission, you'd
have to bypass the clutch/starter interlock switch. I don't
think I'd be comfortable doing that unless there was a neutral
switch that would prevent the remote starter from kicking in
whith the transmission in gear.

Do Miata's have a neutral-switch that could be used for such an
interlock?

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! What GOOD is a
at CARDBOARD suitcase ANYWAY?