Old December 19th 19, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default What is VTEC and how do I know if I have it?

On Saturday, April 12, 1997 at 10:00:00 AM UTC+3, Mike Villeneuve wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question to you all guys, but I read all these
> messages saying dohc or sohc vtec, but what just is vtec, and what would
> i look for in my '88 crx to see if i have a vtec?
>
> thanks

Hello guys, I recently bought a Honda Civic LX Sport 2020, which has a 1.6L
engine. How do I check if it has VTEC? the honda website states that the 1.6L Engine has an i-Vtec.
I tried to look for the VTEC solenoid but I'm kind of new to cars so I didn't know where to look.