Old June 25th 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ian Riches

Default NFS: Shift - Can't drive in straight line on demo...

I've recently upgrading my ancient (XP2500+ & x800 XT) machine to
something slightly more modern (Q6600 + 8800GT), and am catching up on
what I've missed over the last few years.

I quite like the idea of NFS: Shift as a sim-lite, and have been
fiddling with the demo.

However - I CANNOT drive in a straight line unless I turn steering help
on. There seems to be some terrible latency in the steering which sees
me correcting, over-correcting, and so on as I weave back and forth
along the straight.

My wheel is an (admittedly ancient) Logitech Wingman Formula Force,
connected via the serial-to-usb adapter that it came with. Works fine
in other games, such as GPL, RBR and LFS.

Is the full version any better on this front? Is my wheel just too old
to cope with this game? Do I just have to ignore *any* pretence of it
being a sim and turn steering help on?

Thanks for any advice.

--
Ian Riches