Old November 14th 05, 04:54 PM
pws

Default Basic Horsepower Upgrades

Dave,

I think that we are basically on the same page here. I know that in one
magazine article of the fastest modified cars, there wasn't a small car
to be found. I think that they measured acceleration, braking, lap
times, and a few other tests and came up with the car with the best
overall abilities, which was a very highly modified Corvette, iirc.

They still haven't gotten a miata to do 200 mph, a rather easy
achievement for some car models, so I agree that it is not a
*high-speed* car, even when modified.

I do, however, have to smile anytime I see this picture.

http://home.austin.rr.com/sheltonser...pers-miata.jpg

A muscle car driving friend of mine says that it is just a shot of the
Vipers lapping the Miata, but I think we know better. :-)

Have fun and be safe! I just did.

Pat