Old May 7th 05, 04:40 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but it reminds me of news
> articles many years ago where people were killed inflating or installing
> truck tires on "split rims". The rim or something exploded. What was that
> all about?

split rims are as the name implies, split...usually two pieces but sometimes
three..(center section and outter "beadlocks"...)....they are used on heavy
equipment....very dangerous to the tire installer(can fly apart and severly
injure or kill the person inflating/assembling them)....do a google search
and you will have more than you ever cared to know, i'm sure...