Old January 15th 05, 10:24 PM
Jim Levie

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:27:49 -0500, GB wrote:

> It just occurred to me, could this be from the steering rack? Does that
> hold a substantial amount of oil? What I am seeing is very clean oil,
> about 30 weight, and it is dripping through a hole in the plastic cover
> between the front wheels.

The steering system uses ATF, which is considerably thinner than engine
oil. Having said that, it can be difficult to tell the difference between
ATF and engine oil once it is on the ground. And since the belly pan is
preventing you from seeing where the oil is leaking from it really could
be either.

Since you've just had an oil service done, my bet is that the leak is from
the oil filter or drain plug.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.