Old December 30th 05, 12:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default A4 Sedrvice manual update

On 20 Dec 2005 12:56:52 -0800, "Sogno" > wrote:

>I have been advised that the service manual for the A4 with the 1.8T
>engine had a major error... in that it failed to stipulate syntheic
>oil... and that Audi had extended the warranty on this vehicle to 70K
>miles... I know that this took place, but I have never received any
>notification...
>
>Can ayone out there "enlighten" me.... I'm now sitting with an A4 with
>a blown engine and a $13,500 bill!!!

Synthetic oil might be the answer but others on this forum have
pointed out that under-warranty oil change intervals for the 1.8T
engine have been simply unrealistic. I bought my 2001 A4 as Audi
certified w. 36k miles showing and oil condition checked as OK on
dealer spec sheet. At 40k, had an oil sludge blockage at high speed
400 miles from home, but got it to a foreign car guy in Ohio before
major engine damage. Audi paid for his $720 repair bill plus installed
a new turbocharger, all ostensibly under that Aug. 04 extended
warranty announcement