Old September 29th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Hemi Challenger

Oh, you're just being a slanderous *******.

> even with a
> blower will be a dog compared to a Hemi Challenger with the new 6.1L Hemi
> Challenger

I like the new Hemi. But I don't see how you've come to this
conclusion. The 6.1 SRTs only run about 108 in the 1/4. The GT500s
run an easy 110. (And do we want to add the GT500KRs and KR Super
Snakes?) Or are you betting because the Challenger is going to be a 2-
door that it'll be lighter. I say don't bet on it. I think we'll be
lucky if it's south of 3,900.

> and besides Ford can only build about 30 of the GT500 Shelbys a
> year.

You're just a little bit off. Total production for the 2007 GT500's
came to 10,844 units with 8,150 of those being coupes and 2,694 being
convertibles. If only you would have added 2 more zeros and then
about 7,000 to your number, you would have been right there.

> Dodge will eat them for lunch in sales. How many guys/gals do you know
> that are willing to buy a GT500 for 22K dealer markup over the 47K sticker?

And you think you're going to get a Challenger for anything close to
sticker the first year? Rrrrrriiiiiggggghhhhttttttt....lol

> Mustang is all decoration.

It is, if you first remove the 500 HP motor.

> Dodge will rule again with the Hemi.

Dodge will be lucky if it's still alive in 5 years. (And Ford is
hardly in any better shape.) I say we should be extremely happy
they're even making the Challenger and GT500/Mustang.

> Well at least
> There will be lots of mustangs on Dodge used car lots in 2008.

Considering the Mustang hasn't missed a model year since '64, I'll
stay in the Champ's corner. What's our Challenger's history, again?

Patrick