Old July 24th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
gringo

Default "My daughter had a right to be on the road that night," Innissaid. "He didn't."

Popeye wrote:
> "gringo" > wrote in message
>

>>> A 17 year old girl, that the Bush family didn't even know, ran a stop
>>> sign, and accidentally killed someone.
>>>

>> She was still part of a wealthy family, a family with connections. Rich
>> Democrats and rich Republican lawmakers are both treated the same way.
>>

> Don't you have kids, Gringo?
>
> Think those anti-war protesters (of which you are one) should have your
> kids jailed for murder for their service in Iraq?
>
> Think of all those innocent Iraqi deaths your kids contribute to.
>
> War criminals, in the eyes of the majority of the world.

Popeye, off topic. But okay. Honorable service, whether for the cops
or the military, should be honored, and is. The few who sink into the
slime of murder and rape should be punished, and are--if some honorable
someone who happened to be accompanying the scumbags squeals about it to
the Press.

It's like with truckers: let one trucker run a 4-wheeler off the road,
and suddenly all truckers are roadhogs. Soldiers are human, like
everyone else. In every population subgroup, there'll be a few who
should have been aborted. Some truckers shouldn't be permitted to sit
behind a driver's seat; some soldiers should not be permitted to carry
an unloaded BB gun.

My daughter has left the Navy, but her new husband left this morning for
another tour of the Middle East. My daughter was one of the honorable
ones: when she received orders to report to Guantanamo and become a
prison guard, she opted out of her reenlistment.

--
*fas-cism* (fash'iz'em) n. A system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism.
-- The American Heritage Dictionary, 1983

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is...I think it's also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn."
------George W. Bush to the Houston Chronicle, April 9th, 1999