Old May 17th 09, 11:04 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_32_]

Default I Don't Believe It!

Catman wrote:
> Zathras wrote:
>> The little bugger did it again..just when I needed it for a school and
>> Gym (no no..not for me) run. Had to quick march to school to get the
>> little 'un - boy I'm not as fit as I was 30 years ago!!!
>>
>> Anyway, the engine was warm so I figured it would start (as the last
>> time) after about half an hour so I didn't try and persuade it to go -
>> just gave up and left it. Sure enough, just as before, it fired up
>> after half an hour and got the little 'un to her Gym class which is
>> several miles away. It's unheard of for me to stall the 2.4
>> manoeuvring on the flat in a car park but the motor just died. Oh no I
>> thought - but it restarted just fine.
>>
>> Armed with all this info, Google is suggesting the crank/rpm sensor is
>> quite a common failure on JTDs over 50,000 miles. I think I'll ask my
>> independent to "just change it".
>>
>> I'll report back on progress..
>>

> Sounds likely to be some kind of sensor failing under heat.

It's a bit worrying. The more 'complicated' these cars get the more we
can expect this type of problem.

Remember those far of days when yer motor stopped functioning? Is it
fuel, is there a spark, etc.....before long you could be up and running
again. Now you need a computer and a mind like Einstein (spelling?)!