Old June 23rd 11, 07:44 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
W Pawlinetz

Default New A4 owner: first impressions, Bentley manual justification, extra key cost at the dealer,

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:39:52 -0400, D. LaCourse >
wrote:

>Hands fully extended? Ain't no way to drive. Adjust your seat so that
>your wrists rest on top of the steering wheel. You may have to adjust
>the steering wheel also. With your wrists resting on top of the
>steering wheel, your arms will have the *necessary* bend in them when
>your hands are at 9 and 3.

Concur. Had the same instructions here and it is valuable advice.

Maybe an additional tip: Also his legs should never be fully straight
when depressing the clutch or any pedal. There should always be a
slightly bent knee.

In the track instructions I received they told us that this gives
extra control and avoids injury when hitting something as people tend
to involuntarily in an emergency hit the pedals with eveything they
have and end up hitting objects witht their leg(s) straight, causing
severe hip and knee injury.

Hope that never comes across though.

Opinions?

Regards