Old December 29th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default A little long before firing up - family trademark or is my car a little sick?

"Mal Osborne" > wrote in message

> Probably not a bad thing. Gives the oil pump time to prime before any
> significant load is placed on bearing surfaces.
>

> "Chuck" > wrote in message
>> On my 99 which does the same thing, I believe that it's related to the
>> cam
>> and or crankshaft sensors.
>> It seems to take a bit for the ECU to sort out the sensor signals.

These may both be correct but as Bruno mentioned; it's a bit worrisome when
the thing sounds like it might not start occasionally. Sometimes I end up
letting off the key and giving it a second go. It's never failed on the
second try to fire right up but I still get that sinking feeling that this
might be the first time.

Chris
99BBB