Old December 29th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

Default A little long before firing up - family trademark or is my cara little sick?

Mal Osborne wrote:

> Probably not a bad thing. Gives the oil pump time to prime before any
> significant load is placed on bearing surfaces.

Makes sense I guess. Still it does not sound good and sort of bugs me.

I wonder if the car did it when it was new? (I only bought mine a year
ago so I can't say except that it has been like that since day one).

Actually come to think of it I bought mine a year ago on the day!

It has been a good year. Something like 6000 miles and just $10.000
running costs so I'm a happy motorist :-)

Kind regards
Bruno