Old August 16th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Default Thermostat Question 160 deg. or 195 deg.?

You mileage and engine life would go down and your emissions would go up
year round.

In the wintertime your heater will function poorly.

I do not believe that an automobile engine has been commercially built in
the last 30-40 years that was designed for a 160 degree thermostat.

Engine temperatures of 190-210 are normal (that is why 210 is dead center of
the gauge)

ups.com...