Old October 10th 04, 06:51 PM
Udayan Bhapkar

Default Clutch pedal effort on 96 Civic

Hello,

The clutch pedal effort on my 96 Civic EX has lately been highly
variable and unpredictable. Much of the time, the effort is very high,
so much so that in driving in stop-and-go driving stuck on the
interstate, my foot actually gets sore from all the effort modulating
the clutch trying to creep along at 1-3 mph. At other times, the clutch
effort is very light, perhaps only a few pounds. This is how I'd like
the clutch to behave all the time. Is the hydraulic assist on the
clutch messed up? Is there a faulty sensor or a clogged fluid line? I
should mention that I had the clutch replaced and some transmission work
done a few months ago, although that seems to be nurelated to the clutch
pedal effort.

Thanks,

Udayan