Old September 18th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 2002 C5 Corvette and C5 ZO6 eats the Passat (was some other crap)?

Was it a speedo pic or a GPS pic because at higher speeds, speedometer
pics can be as much as 25 MPH too high. BTW, I always thought that the
top speed of the C5 6 speed was 172 MPH drag limited and for the
convertible it was 165, and for the Z06 it was 171. Are you sure that
the 205 MPH C5 isn't a HIGHLY modified car? Is it bare bone stock or
does it have a lot more power?
I've done research about a lot of cars including Corvettes thinking
about what car I'm going to get when I graduate from college and have a
good job, but it seems you guys really don't know that much about
European Cars. For instance for the people who think Volkswagens are so
cheap, they should try and buy a Phaeton or better yet a W12 Nardo.

You have to compare apples to apples, if you compare a 2002 C5 with
thousands of dollars worth of mods vs a 2002 Passat W8 with a stock
engine producing 275hp and just high speed tires added and the governor
removed, then I don't think that's a fair comparison.
I want to do bare bone drag limted top speed comparisons so for my
purposes removing the governor or adding high speed tires don't count
as modifications rather they count as REMOVING modifications.
I want to do comparisons that are fair. For instance, if you remove the
governor and add high speed tires to a Passat W8, then you can only do
the same things to the Corvette.
I think that the only reason the comparison between the C5 and Passat
W8 can be made is because the 6th gear of the C5 Corvette is too tall,
and that that the highest speed are actually achieved in 5th gear, and
the C5 is also not as aerodynamic.
The most aerodynamic cars are actually the GM EV1 Electric Car .19 COD,
Lexus LS430 .25 COD, Honda Insight .25 COD, Toyota Prius .26 COD, and
Volkswagen Passat W8 .27 COD.

You're also confusing the Passat R36 Coupe with the R36 Sedan I think.
The Passat R36 Coupe has 400 horsepower, and Volkswagen has been very
good and getting top speed out of their power so I'll have to wait and
see till it comes out to see which is the fastest cheap car, the C6 ZO6
or the Passat R36 Coupe when DELIMITED.
http://www.iphone-forum.org/volkswag...d.php?p=971425

I care about what the car can do without an extra power added so I know
what the starting point is. If you want to modify a car, you can easily
make even a VW Golf go fast see the 333 km/h pic here.

http://www.need4speed.ws/top-speed/H...o-333-kmh.html

You can make a lot of cars fast by adding mods to them.
I want a car that's already the fastest in my budget and then I can
make it even faster by adding extra power later.