Old November 8th 14, 12:59 AM posted to alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
robb

Default Acura Integra '91 now running rough ? ideas ?

'91 Acura Integra LS 3dr 5 spd MT 1.8L

Was running fine (maybe a little off , noisy valves, not quite as peppy as
younger days)

Developed a radiator leak so i changed radiator that was pretty straight
forward.

While changing radiator I did oil change, filter changes, rotor replace and
distributor cap replace ....

why ? because.... went to clean carbon off rotor and cap terminals and
noticed the rotor was loose and a bit floppy , apparently the set screw
had worked loose a tad and years of vibrations made the rotor work back and
forth enough to wear it's collar down and make it flop and wiggly on the
distributor shaft/spindle.

So finished all the work and car running peppier than ever on it's 5-10
minute test drive.

Next morning makes 15 minute drive to work just fine and peppy.

On way back from work car is sputtering and stumbling at lower RPM and
starts. If you rev motor up alot it helps but stumbles whenever you press
the gas to accelerate.

Idle seems ok till it heats up then it won't keep steady idle and trying to
stall.

It is almost like it is missing fire a cylinder or not firing regularly on a
cylinder but i checked all the wires and connections to cap .

Please, any ideas here I am a bit of a loss.

Thanks,
robb