Old February 13th 05, 09:43 PM
J.

y_p_w wrote:
> Apparently TireRack does list two different
> tires (same price) in most sizes, although you have to look at the
> spec list first to figure which one is "AA" vs "A". If there are two
> in the same size, it's usually AA second.

<http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Pirelli&model=PZero+Nero+M%26S>

Thanks for pointing that out. Tirerack has revamped their spec page. IIRC,
back in June there were only 2 or 3 'A' traction tires and I don't recall
seeing ANY sizes dual listed with 'A' and 'AA'. They have since downgraded
my 205/50-16 size to 'A', so I give them credit for that.

> Apparently the Potenza RE92 tires are warranted for 40K miles. I still
> had plenty of tread left after almost 11K miles. Regardless of all
> that, they sucked as a "performance tire", and I was glad to be rid
> of them.

I don't recall my Prelude having a mileage warranty pamphlet on the stock
RE92's. They only had a treadwear of 160 and lasted well over 40Kmiles.
With the Pirelli's 400 rating, can I expect over 100,000 miles? (yeah,
sure - I've got land in FL for sale too!). As far as performance, they
weren't as bad as the stock Michelin XGT-Vs (another high / ultra high perf
all-season) on my earlier 'lude. But, comparing different cars and
different sizes really isn't fair.