Old August 17th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB

I've been experimenting with pneumatic trail values in some rFactor
mods. You can try the results if you like. I think it's a big
improvement in FFB, and also in the driveability of the cars. The
directions for trying my changes are below. More information is
available at:

http://www.race2play.com/homepage/show_blog_posts/813

***************************************

G25 Formula BMW Pneumatic Trail Test

*** Downloads available at: http://www.ultraforcesim.com/pub

*** This will cause online mismatches - keep a copy of the
original .TBC file!

1) rFactor Force Feeback Menu Settings

Set in-game FF settings to 'Wheel', 80%, and 'Medium'.

2) Download 'Pat Dotson G25 Test.zip' player profile and unzip into
\Program Files\rFactor\UserData. Select this profile in the rFactor
"Player" menu.

3) Download "FBMW_Tires.zip", unzip it, and copy "FBMW_Tires.tbc" into
\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\IDTFBMW

4) Download "G25 Windows Settings.JPG", review it, and set your G25
settings in the Windows Game Controller Settings to match.

5) Make sure the latest RealFeel plugin is installed. Plugin is
available at rFactor Central. Update the RealFeel.ini Formula BMW
settings with the following values:

MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1500.000000
SteeringDamper=9600.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

Load iDT FBMW's V2.0 at Oran Park, load the setup called "G25 FBMW
Tire Test", and enjoy!

Pat Dotson
http://www.ultraforcesim.com