Old August 10th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
petergagg

Default Suitable Racing Sims / Games for 64bit Windoze 7?

On 08/08/2011 05:08, Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> The sound in GPL is the only thing I have struggled with, but that was happening
> before I changed to Win7, and since I developed my nasty little iRacing habit GPL
> hasn't featured much in my virtual life. I'm more likely to fire up NKPro or Shift2
> for a change of scenery.
>
> Andrew McP

Bloody typical innit, I have finally sold all my sim racing gear, (last
item sold on eBay a couple of weeks ago) I've gone from owning two BRD
F1Sim wheel and pedals set-ups, a Logitech G25 (ForceFeedback) wheel and
pedal setup, a full size BRD Race Frame Pro cockpit and racing seat,.all
rigged up to two networked fast desktop (games biased) PC
systems........ to nowt.....

Well, I still have my trusty travel friendly 10" Asus netbook, an aging
and slow (and therefore non games compatible) HP laptop, to my new 17"
Intel i5 cpu based Laptop, but its not the same.....

I sold all the sim gear cos I really wasn't using it anymore, it was
just sitting here gathering dust most of the time. It was also costing
me a fortune, I was basiccaly building a brand new pc from scratch
almost every 12 to 18 months to play the latest pc games / sims, etc (at
about £750 to £1000 a time). I raelised I should just get a PS3 or Xbox
360 ( or whatever), with guaranteed 100% game compatibility, and simply
buy a new console every few years (at a fraction of the cost of building
new games PC's).

So I get rid of it all and what happens? I was sitting at my desk
working from home last Friday, and I suddenly had the urge to have a
damn good race using GPL, or GTR2, but I can't, cos all the gears gone.....

I know, I know, I have the PS3 and GT5, but, somehow, its just not the
same, its not that immersive experience that it used to be, sitting in
the lounge (on the sofa) with a game controller in my hand, looking at
the big tv, is not the same as sitting in the racing seat, feeling like
I'm in a proper car driving position in the cramped cockpit, with a
proper wheel, and proper pedals, and even a gear lever! and GPL with the
surround sound speakers blaring around my head.... its just.... not the
same.....

8-(

Hmmm, Maybe....maybe, I oughta buy myself anutha wheel, seat, cockpit?
and a big PC games rig, and three screens,,,,

Nnnnooooooo.......!!!!

8-)

--
Remove "nospam" from reply to address.