Old January 2nd 07, 04:47 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 4000s fuel problem - wont start

I was wondering of anyone could help me with a problem that suddenly
developed with my AUDI,

The car is a 1987 Audi 4000s 1.8L
Here is the deal, the car will start for second or two, but will not
rev up, then it dies.

Fuel pump and filters are new.

Strong fuel pressure to the Fuel injector unit.

The injector unit is sending fuel to the cold start valve, but not to
the cylinders, thus the car will start but will not continue to run.
The pressure to the cold start valve is strong, but not a drop to the
fuel injectors.

I replaced the external fuel regulator with a spare one and checked for
vacuum leaks etc.

I am not sure where to look from here, internally on the Fuel Injection
Unit, or to a relay or other control.

As I stated the problem happened overnight.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have not used a internet group before, do I hope I am doing this

Thanks,

Richy Jackson