Old August 1st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Nza

Default 49 Chrysler with no compression

On Jul 30, 8:41 am, Nza > wrote:
> On Jul 29, 9:15 pm, >
> wrote:
>

> > Yes, I have done that with my 49 Windsor and 40 Royal. FluidDrive
> > came in two different varieties, a regular 3 speed transmission with
> > fluid drive, and the M4/M6 dual range fluid drive.

> ok! I'm pretty sure this one just has the 3-speed w/ fluid drive.

Actually, I was reading about the "tip-toe" transmission and how to
shift it.. I think this car may have that dual range thingee after all
instead of the 3 speed..

Drained the coolant today... i pulled out the thermostat and put it in
a pot of 180 degree water and it opened... did it a few times and it
opened more and more until a certain point.. was wondering though if
the thermostat is supposed to close all the way... i'm assuming it
is. When cooled off, this one is not all the way closed.