Old September 17th 05, 11:27 AM
PeterMcC

wrote in
.com>

> I'm thinking of buying a used 166, maybe a '99 and almost certainly a
> 3l V6 auto.

I'd avoid the auto and go for the standard gearshift box.

Find a good independent to do the servicing - my experience of Alfa main
dealers ranges from not good to appalling.

If you're looking for a large saloon that will gladden your hear every time
you drive it and make you look forward to a 300 mile drive home after a
day's work at the other end of the country, then the 166 is hard to beat.

My only regret about buying mine was that, by the time my 2nd 164 3.0
retired and there weren't any more decent ones to be had, I had to make do
with the next best thing - the 166.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,