Old January 10th 18, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 1:20:59 PM UTC-10, AMuzi wrote:

> You might want a second opinion on those parts prices:
> http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota
>
> Then again, you might not.
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

It should cost less than a hundred bucks for shoes, cylinders, and hardware.. New drums would cost maybe a little over a hundred more. You can save a lot of dough by doing the job yourself. I enjoy taking my time while working on brakes - by myself. Less when somebody is "helping."