Old June 29th 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

On 06/29/2020 09:15 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 6/29/20 12:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 06/28/2020 03:02 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>>
>>> It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message
>>> you are
>>> replying to was posted.
>>>
>>> Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are
>>> replying
>>> to messages that are decades old?

>> I think it's more likely that stupid people just don't look at the
>> dates. Is it perhaps overkill to assume that the only people who read
>> usenet via googlegroups are stupid? Based on what I've seen, I think not.
>>

> I don't know about the stupidity angle.

If you use google groups rather than a REAL newsreader, I might be
willing to assume ignorance rather than stupidity, but that kind of
depends on the post.

> You see that sort of thing on TV
> and other news websites all the time...showing a story that actually ran
> last week, last month or last year either with no date on it or it's
> there but in small, light gray mouse print.
>
> Ya' sorta assume that what you're reading is current...

Indeed. It's not like we're hauling old newspapers out of the attic.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person