Old December 14th 12, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Unquestionably Confused

Default Loose rearview mirror on C6

On 12/14/2012 2:59 PM, Ron Stewart wrote:
> Good news!
> I drove out to the shop that installed the windshield and showed him the
> loose mirror. He took it off the windshield, took into his shop and took
> it apart, took out the bent pins and straightend them. Put it all back
> together and back onto it's mount on the glass. Now it is stable and
> just fine. He told me he has had similar problems with this on Volvos,
> who use a similar design. I told him about one of the guys on the forum
> who makes new pins out of 7/64"dia. drill shanks. He said he would keep
> that in mind.
> I'm guessing the soft metal pins might be needed for safety reasons to
> meet government crash requirements to ensure the mirror breaks before it
> breaks someone's head.

That's our government. Brilliance in considering the plight of the
center seat passengers in our Corvettes<g>

> Thanks for the quick response to my post.

Glad to hear that it all worked out. I based my answer on my
experiences with the C4 and C5 (I think I tightened the mirror mount on
the C5 - not sure)

Learned something new from Dad (and you) about the C6. If I ever get
one, I'll...