Old January 26th 08, 04:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

Default '96 Caravan blower issue

In article >,
daytripper > wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:44:42 -0600, aarcuda69062 >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > "Larry Crites" > wrote:
> >
> >> And if you replace it and it goes out again you need a new blower motor.
> >>
> >> Larry

> >Failed blower motors tend to not work well at high speed.
> >Not what the OP described.

> Think.
>
> What Max is saying is the thing that can croak the resistor module is a
> failing blower motor. For instance, if one of the armature windings is
> shorted...

I don't think Max said that.

I do think the part number for that resistor has superseded
something like 6 times since it was introduced.

I think it's because they're **** to begin with.

I think that if there were a problem with shorted windings, the
switch would be the pattern failure (it's not)

I think I install about four of these a month.