Old September 7th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles
Scott Dorsey

Default California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

Jim Benson > wrote:
>Again, the failure rate, I'm estimating from my observations, is somewhere
>in the range of 95% on bikes over a liter, given an impartial observer
>(everyone things they winged it when they get to be their own judge).

I don't know about bike riders, but I think that's about the right failure
rate for auto drivers. That is, about 95% of the people currently driving
automobiles are not competent to be on the road.

I suspect the level of competence of motorcycle riders is actually a little
higher than four-wheelers.

>It would be nice to choose a date and a place, and all riders show up with
>a hundred bucks cash, put it in the bucket, and whoever can pass the test
>on their first run in a liter sized road bike, takes the cash home.
>
>Does anyone wish to organize that?
>
>I'll bet your eyes and mouth would be agape at the results!

If you think a 95% failure rate is bad, you should SEE the European driving
tests.
--scott