Old January 22nd 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

Default Take a Vehicular Vacation

On 1/22/2012 9:35 AM, dwight wrote:

> " > wrote in message
>> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>>
>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>>

>> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>>
>> Patrick

> I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>
> Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room
> was, I still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be
> unusable; the shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the
> room was clean and sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy
> house, with pillows that had my own head indent in them, and a shower
> head that didn't hurt.
>
> I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida
> highway is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not
> interested in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers
> the uniquely-mine familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is
> afraid that a Ferrari would completely destroy my relationship with my
> own car.
>
> Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive
> CFrog once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come
> home to" TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never
> forgive me.
>
> dwight

Cars sure can be jealous. I once picked up a Ferrari sweatshirt on a
trip. When I got home, the first time I got in my Mustang wearing that
Ferrari sweatshirt, I didn't get two blocks from home before my Mustang
dropped its muffler onto the street.
--
Cheers, Bob