Old January 22nd 12, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

Default Take a Vehicular Vacation

" > wrote in message
> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>
> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>
> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>
> Patrick

I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...

Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room was, I
still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be unusable; the
shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the room was clean and
sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy house, with pillows that
had my own head indent in them, and a shower head that didn't hurt.

I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida highway
is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not interested
in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers the uniquely-mine
familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is afraid that a Ferrari
would completely destroy my relationship with my own car.

Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive CFrog
once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come home to"
TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never forgive me.

dwight