Old March 11th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
don't shoot the messanger

Default electrical issue in my cj, surprise! surprise!

okay, i was having trouble with my tail lights not lighting, found a short
and replaced them. All bulbs are the same wattage/amperage, but now when I
turn on my signals, my engine lopes in time with the blinking. Also, I seem
to be blowing the fuses for my tail/stop lights, and turn sigs alot not.
Lost as to the cause... Please help.

Its a '75 CJ5 with a 258.
The harness looks worked over, pretty dried out, and the engine side of the
bulkhead connector looks to have been subject to a minor meltdown some time
in the past. I have had the jeep for about 3 years and have not had any
issues with the electrical system before, so I have not examined the b/h
conn before, so Im not sure if I bought it that way or if it happened while
I've owned it.