Old September 5th 05, 08:48 PM
Goy Larsen

ymenard wrote:

> >"Byron Forbes" > wrote
> > "ymenard" > wrote
> >> That's great and all... but its still fantasy cars and tracks. I also
> >> have no interest in that.
> >>
> >> The community will make or kill this sim. How long will you be driving
> >> those few tracks and cars befor getting bored? Quick.
> >>

> > You can surely see that actual tracks and series will be coming out of
> > our arses in no time.

> Nobody knows that. There's a few determinated groups, but will they really
> do much? Will they move on to something else in 6 months? I say wait and
> see how it develops, how the game is supported officially especially. A
> patch will be needed, but will they do more than that? Will they build
> community tools?

Tools and patches are coming, not to mention a couple of future upgrades
of the sim itself, as in not fixing bugs but putting planned features in
there that wasn't targeted for the release version

And as for mod groups for ISI sims.....my guess is that they easily
outnumber the same for Papy sims and are no less determined, we're
currently co-operating with RSR for our NAGT mod and I have to say that
those guys have impressed me with the quality of their work so far

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--